Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dr. Seuss Week!

Oops! I just realized I forgot to share our Dr. Seuss activities from last week! Here are a few of the fun things we did. I didn't get pictures of everything, but here's what I've got...

Cat in the Hat
We read the Cat in the Hat and made these paper plate cats.
 This cute hundred chart idea came from Marlana at Lil Country Kindergarten. I called out the numbers and the kids had to find and color them to reveal the hidden picture! They loved it!
And of course, we made our own Cat in the Hat hats!

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
We followed up this story with a goldfish graphing activity. Click here for the Goldfish Graph.

Green Eggs & Ham
We read Green Eggs & Ham, then tasted green eggs and did some more graphing!

Bartholomew and the Oobleck
 This was a class favorite! We made Oobleck and did a sink and float experiment. Click here to get the sheet for the Oobleck Experiment.
 

21 comments:

  1. Looks like your kiddos have loads of fun!

    I always like peeking to others classroom

    Thanks for sharing

    Shuna
    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. which recipe did you use for the oobleck??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1 cup water, 2 cups corn starch, and green food coloring :)

      Delete
    2. Is that the amount for each student?

      Delete
  3. Thanks!! I see a parent volunteer activity coming up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! Love your goldfish graph. Saving it for next year :)
    Karen
    Mrs. Jones’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! great job on the graph and the Oobbleck work sheet. cant wait to use these.

    BrookeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. How kind of you to share these wonderful resources! You ROCK! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not expect that I would find a reply here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a very interesting and amazing message, which allows you to get full knowledge at all times with new knowledge through the best and most complete website
    if you have an issue regarding your norton setup you can visit Norton setup with key. Here, you will manually setup your norton Antivirus

    ReplyDelete
  9. What recipe did you use for your Oobleck? I didn't realize that objects would either sink or float in that material.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I tried to download several of your cute activities and it said request access. I would love access to those. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I was wondering how I could get access to your Dr. Seuss goldfish graphing sheet and also your oobleck experiment sheet?

    ReplyDelete

  12. Thanks for posting this educative write up

    ReplyDelete

  13. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for posting this educative writeup.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like your means of blogging.

    ReplyDelete

  16. Your Blog is awesome. Really appreciate your work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I realized a lot of things using this

    ReplyDelete

  18. Thank you for always writing good things.

    ReplyDelete

  19. Great post Thank you. I look forward to the continuation

    ReplyDelete